Here at Tally we try to make getting your character into the game as simple as possible. This guide outlines our recommended steps to get started!
The very beginning
- Before anything, read the Conduct & Expectations topic. This topic sets out what we're aiming for as a community.
- Ready to get involved? Awesome!
- Register your first account with the username you'd like us to know you by!
- Post a new topic introducing yourself in the introductions forum to have your player account validated.
- You might also want to join our Discord group.
We don't expect you to know everything about Australia, or Harry Potter. The following links contain information that you may find useful while creating your character.
Create your profile
- Character creation guide gives a list of character types, and links to information useful to each one.
- Positions Available is a list of all positions open and taken, but we're always interested in new ideas too.
- Face Claims is where you can view celebrity play-bys already in use, and claim yours. You'll need an approved player account to post there.
- Species Information is a must-read if you're applying for any non-human character.
- If you're not Australian, or just want to know more about the Australian wizarding world and culture, you might find this topic useful.
Submit your application
- Register a new account using your character's first and last name.
- You can edit the profile fields by clicking the Settings button.
- The fields required are:
All other fields are extra, and may be filled in whenever you like.
Date of birth
Edits and reviews
- Post the following form as a new topic in the Applications forum using your character's first and last name as the title.
|[b]Name:[/b] (character's name)
[b]Applying for:[/b] (position/job/year level of your character)
[b]Player:[/b] (the name we know you by!)|
- A staff member will review your application as soon as possible!
Occasionally a profile will need edits. We may ask for edits that help us to gain a better understanding of the character, and that we feel will enable them to fit more easily into the existing Tallygarunga community.
It is our policy to never fully deny an application. We would love to work with you, and help you become a full member of our community.